The miniaturisation of the camera and the compression of the postproduction-studio to laptop-size provides Art University students with innovative potential linked to both soft- and hardware. The technical requirements for confident handling of time based media are therefore supplied, along with the development of contemporary sequential art which characterizes the department's program. Didactic concepts, which are in constant evolution, ensure easy access.
Courses of lectures
The department's courses cover elective and required subjects in the curricula of numerous study programs in our university. We are fully aware of the necessity of inter- and transdisciplinary work in teaching and research and therefore welcome applications from students of other universities.
The programme offers the full range of time based media.
For further information please visit
content of teaching_Wolfgang Neipl
current time table_videostudio
content of teaching_Andreas Braito
The videostudio is a full appointed postproduction-studio:
• 5 equal workstations - platform: Apple Macintosh, MacPro, 30 inch Monitoring
• Editing/Montage: Final Cut Pro7 classic, Final Cut ProX
• Videoanimation/Compositing: Adobe After Effects
• DVD/Blue Ray - Authoring: DVD-Studio Pro, Adobe Encore, several applications for encoding
Hardware-linked connections to several Tape-Formats (SD, HD): DV, DVCam, HDV
• Sound: Sound Track Pro, Logic
Hardware for Audio/Midi: Audiointerface, Keyboard/Controller, Studiomikrophone.